The perfect compliment to any hamburger or hot dog is steak fries. Typically these are only found in restaurants because most people don’t know how to make them. That is no longer the case. Below you will find the recipe for the worlds best steak fries.
Recipe for Steak Fries
This recipe for homemade steak fries serves 4 people
- 4 Large Potatoes
(Yukon Gold are Ideal)
- 2 TSP Salt
- 1 TBSP Pepper
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1 Large Gallon Zip-Lock Bag
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- Preheat Oven to 450° F
- Cut the Fries into long wedges the length of the potato, try to keep all the fries the same dimensions (1/2inch thick)
- Place the potatoes and all other ingredients in Zip-Lock bag. Seal the bag and shake, coating all fries evenly.
- Individually remove the fries from the bag and place them on the cookie sheet. If the individual fry has a skin side place the skin side down. Note: Do not dump the contents on the tray, this puts too much oil on the tray and you will have a smoky mess when they start to cook.
- Place the Cookie sheet with fries on it in the over on the middle rack.
- How long to cook them is the hard part. This varies greatly on the size of the wedges and your individual oven. Typically it takes around 30 minutes for the fries to cook. However, you will know they are done when the outside turns a golden brown. The smallest ones are likely to burn a little on the edges before the largest ones are cooked through. Be sure to flip the fries after 10-15 minutes of cooking.
- Serve with your choice of condiments
Recipe Variations for Steak Fries
- Add 2 TSP of Cayenne Pepper to give them a little zest
- Create a dipping sauce from 1/4 Mayonnaise and 1/4 Ketchup
Steak Fries go perfect with our Homemade Hamburgers, cook them together for a real treat!