Boys, I want to take you back. Back in time when you could drink all night, get 2 hours of sleep, and get up in the morning and go to work and actually be somewhat productive. Yes, we are talking about all night Alabama Slammers. The University of Alabama is credited with decanting this for the first time. Something so sweet, even extra strength Motrin does not touch the intense head pain in the morning. Boy those were the days!
Now we don’t want to sound negative at all here because an Alabama Slammers is one of our favorite drinks. We just want to lend a little warning to those that have never partaken in the Slam before.
What is in an Alabama Slammer
- 1/2 oz Amaretto Almond Liqueur
- 1/2 oz Southern Comfort
- 1/2 oz Sloe Gin
- 1 Splash of Orange Juice to taste
- 1 Splash of Sweet and Sour Mix to taste
Directions to make an Alabama Slammer
- Pour the ingredients into a shaker, pitcher or large glass filled with ice
- Shake until cold, strain and serve in a martini glass for a fancy group or server in a glass of ice for a party or hot day.
Optional Additions to Alabama Slammer
For extra kick, try adding a half ounce of vodka.
Advice of the day:
Make sure you have some chips or crackers on hand. You’ll need something salty to cut the overwhelming sugar aftermath. Hopefully, that will also slow down the onset of diabetes after a night of hitting these.
Warning! – Alcohol should not be consumed by minors. All alcoholic beverages should be consumed in moderation