As we get closer to summer, making frozen drinks becomes more and more popular. One of my favorite pool side treats is the Strawberry Margarita. It blends the smooth earth tones of Tequila, with the sweet nectars of strawberries.
What is in a Strawberry Margarita
- 4 Cups of Ice
- 2 Cups of Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Can of Sprite or 7-Up
- 4 ounces of Tequila
Directions to make a Strawberry Margaritas
- First add the ice, and can of Sprite into the blender, mix until the consistency is smooth and all the ice is blended.
- Then add in the sugar, and fresh strawberries, blend just enough to chop up the strawberries but not enough to pulverize them.
- Last add the tequila, this can then be blended briefly or mixed by hand
- Add more tequila or sugar based on your personal preferences
- Pour the mixture into your favorite Margarita glasses
Optional Additions to Strawberry Margaritas
- Sugared Rims Pour 1/4 cup of sugar onto a plate, wipe the rim of your margarita glasses with a lime and then dip the glass onto the plate of sugar.
- Garnish with a strawberry Take a left over strawberry and put a tiny slit at the bottom, place the strawberry on the rim of the glass.
- Use Rum If you do not like the taste of Tequila, you can use the same recipe, except substitute the tequila for a white rum like Bacardi. The end result is actually a Strawberry Daiquiri, but who is taking notes.
Warning! – Alcohol should not be consumed by minors. All alcoholic beverages should be consumed in moderation