Hot Toddy is a vital drink recipe for any male, you will need it to cure yourself or you better half. Hot Toddy’s help with everything from a sore throat to a fever; a hang over, or to warm chilled bones. My only issue with a hot toddy is they take a fairly large amount of ingredients, and a little while to make.
Recipe for a Whiskey Hot Toddy
Ingredients for a Hot Toddy
- Large Irish Coffee Mug
- Enough Boiling Water to fill selected mug
- 1 Tea Bag – Herbal tea, something mild in flavor
- 1 TBSP Honey
- 2 Lemon or Orange wedges
- 1.5 Ounces of Whiskey, Brandy or Rum
Directions to make a Hot Toddy
- Boil the water
- Pour the water into the mug and add the tea bag
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes
- Add the honey and whiskey, then stir
- Squeeze in the lemon or orange.
- Before drinking, breath in the aroma for a little while if you are congested.
How to make a Hot Toddy for a Flu
If you are sick, a hot toddy is the perfect remedy. Simply mix the Hot Toddy as shown above, then breath in the aroma for a little while. The aroma should help clean a stuffy noes, and the honey in the hot toddy should help a sore throat. After drinking the hot toddy is a great time for a nap.